Tomoya Lamberson Presentation

Tomoya Lamberson – Student Conservation Corps from Anand Rao on Vimeo.

7 Responses to “Tomoya Lamberson Presentation”

1. Tori Wong says:

As a former SCA volunteer, I was immediately intrigued by your take on SCA. You had a great introduction and effectively laid out a road map for your analysis of the group. It’s obvious that you have a strong personal connection to the SCA, I’d love to hear more about your experiences with SCA sometime.

Using two methods of analysis (1. The audience, text, argument, ect. analysis we talked about in class, and 2. Ethos, Logos, Pathos) really added to your credibility and allowed you to explore many areas of the text.

Your slides were very well organized, but a little wordy. I find that it’s easiest to focus on presentations/what you’re saying when there is less physical text, and more images on the powerpoint presentation (I’m not sure if that had anything to do with your ancient version of ppt :P).

Nice work, Tomoya! You represented SCA well! ☺

2. Val says:

One of the biggest influencing factors of this presentation is that you are a participant in this organization, but this is something that you didn’t make clear until afterwards when someone asked a question about it. You should have opened with this. Not only does it show the personal connection you have to the project and thus why you chose this topic, but it makes it more interesting. Along this line of thought, it would have been interesting for you to include some of your own experiences in the presentation. It was interesting to hear you talk about them during the Q&A period, but I think inclusion of this information in your actual presentation would have helped to make it more relatable and improved its effectiveness. Your powerpoint is well organized, but I think it would have benefit from more visuals. Also, you didn’t seem all that enthusiastic about this topic, that is, until you were asked about your personal experiences, and then you seemed significantly more excited.

3. willbennett2012 says:

You should have told us right off the bat that you had done an internship. That would have been a huge boost to your credibility right off the bat. I liked the interpretation you did of the website, however it was a little bit awkward the way you navigated us to a couple of different areas of the website. Also, speak up! You had a good presentation with good material and with a little more confidence and volume it would have been a lot more captivating for the audience.

4. Kelly Horvath says:

The fact that you worked with SCA definitely made it more interesting and in a sense, strengthened your credibility on the subject. It assured that you had background with the subject, and I agree with Will, you should have mentioned in the introduction that you worked with them. You did a great job of presenting information on the SCA and analyzing their website, it made me very interested in the organization. I like how you looked at the ethos, pathos, and logos of the website. Overall, your presentation was clear and I enjoyed learning about the SCA.

5. Kaley Huston says:

I really appreciated the fact that you worked for the SCA. It added credibility, which is always effective. The only thing I would suggest is to add more context and background within the presentation. Also, I’m sorry I came in late. Hopefully I didn’t distract you. Great job!

6. Sara Zolnick says:

Tomoya!
    great job, i really liked this presentation. i agree with Will that if you had let us know you were involved with SCA right from the start, the first few slides would have been more important. it was very well broken down and obviously researched well, and you included some great examples of rhetorical significance! next time, though, try not to read directly off of your slides becuase it makes the audience lose some interest. but i really like this presentation and i thought you did a really good job!

7. Jaclyn says:

I think a really strong part of your presentation is that you have been an intern for the student conservation association and have had a hands on experience with what they do. So your presentation was not just on research but real life experiences and I liked that.

you do a good job in explaining what the organizaton does but I would have liked to hear more on the direct examples of environmental rheotric that you found in your analysis.